Friday, July 25, 2008

Aw, Nuts!

I'd wiped this one from my memory, but was reminded about it last night.

Myself and probably all of my brothers and sisters have suffered this one when we were young...

We'd come in, and my late Mum would offer us a wee handful of nuts - usually hazelnuts - which we would happily take and munch away on... hardly giving a passing thought as to why the nuts were warm...

But then, as we each got a bit older, we would discover the truth.

See, Mum had a lump on her gum when she was comparatively young, and she had to have all her teeth out - and this lump meant that she couldn't wear false teeth (can you see where I'm going with this?)...

So, she would have a bar of chocolate with nuts in... (yep... you're getting there... I can tell) suck all the chocolate off... and spit out the nuts as a "treat" for her children! (Ewwww!)

Why she didn't just buy chocolate without nuts, I'll never know!


No comments: